The holiday season has been successfully marketed as a time of joy, harmony and abundance.
But it is also a time of great stress for many. The coronavirus pandemic has added another layer of stress, as many people are coping with financial issues and social isolation from its wake.
During this busy season, it is important to not forget self-care. Here are some ideas to make the season a little lighter and brighter:
- Take a walk outside.
- Write a love letter to yourself. Mail it!
- Forgive someone. Or yourself.
- Take a day off from social media and the internet.
- Let yourself say “no.”
- Write about someone or something you are grateful for in your life.
- Let it go: write five things bothering you and throw them away.
- Take a bath, a walk or just curl up with a favorite book or movie.
Remember, whatever you are feeling is okay. Know it’s okay to embrace your feelings – whatever they are -- during this holiday season.